Jubilee provides quality Christian education to poor families in a high-risk community in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, working towards a holistic Christ-Centered transformation of children, families, and their communities.
U.S. Executive Director
Provide leadership and administrative oversight for all ministry functions of Jubilee Centers International
- Provides oversight for administrative functions such as, but not limited to, budget management, personnel, strategic planning, central office functions, fundraising, marketing, program development.
- Travels to Honduras to support JCI programs and partners up to four times a year.
- Develops and manages fundraising strategies and marketing initiatives with appropriate staff and board committees.
- Speaks with churches, individuals, and other organizations to promote JCI ministries.
- Provides support to Honduran Directors in developing policies and practices for staff management in Honduras.
- Develops network partnerships that will enhance the quality of the work of JCI ministries.
- Communicates with donors and other partners representing the interest of JCI ministries.
- Works with the US board to promote JCI in the United States.
- Works with Directors in Honduras to support and develop the JCI board in Honduras.
- Works with Board and Honduran Directors in defining a strategic plan for the organization and monitoring implementation of the plan.
- Seeks and develops grant opportunities for the ministry.
- Responsible for volunteer management including recruitment and coordination.
- Performs other duties as needed in order to enhance the ministry of JCI.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- Committed Christian who embraces and exemplifies Christian principles and values.
- College degree required. Master’s degree encouraged.
- Three or more years of successful administrative / leadership experience required.
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently. Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to successfully work with donors, churches, and partnering organizations.
- Ability to speak clearly, communicate effectively, and accurately articulate the ministry of JCI.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with Honduran Directors, board of directors, staff, donors, and potential donors.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change.
- Must be an effective written and oral communicator including the ability to present to large and small groups.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision; must be self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Exercises excellent professional judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize complex tasks and plans; detail oriented, including effective ability to create and implement plans.
- Ability to lead others, foster teamwork, and relate well to others.
- Must be self-confident, secure, and gracious towards others.
- Ability to travel to various domestic and international locations.
- Salary: $60,000 annual full-time salary
- Benefits available (less than full-time employment benefits TBD)
- Full-time salaried position (less than full-time employment based on experience)
- Position based in West Michigan, but willing to consider other locations.
- Up to four trips annually to Honduras to meet with potential partners, JCI staff, and Honduran board.
Resume and letter of interest should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The letter of interest should include the following:
- Statement of faith
- Statement of interest in the position
- Explanation of international experience
- Level of ability to communicate in Spanish